Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Playa Gigante

Crazy little trouble maker


Singing "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes"


The cooks and women of the house were relaxing in the cool on hammocks.

Beautiful View

Mural at the health center that Project WOO and the people of Gigante helped build.

Last day on the beach in Gigante

From playing with the kids at an primary school, to lunch overlooking the water, to surfing on the beautiful beach of Amarillo(?). This was one of my favorite days because we saw local kids and teenagers and how they live their daily lives. Also, the beaches in Gigante were so peaceful and pretty. They were very empty and the water was clear. A local surfer helped me surf this day and I found it interesting that he was able to help me and explain what I was doing wrong even though we do not fluently speak the same language. Gigante was a quant little village and I am glad I got to see into the lives of the families that live there and the volunteers that work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment